Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Okay.

Okay guys.

I've been wanting to start a food blog for a long time now for a few reasons.


  1. I'm pretty sure people are tired of me posting pictures of what I'm making on Facebook, especially without recipes attached. It's cocky, I know. I'm sorry. Look, I'm going to put those pictures where they belong from now on. 
  2. I really love food. I have serious problems when it comes to reading food magazines, standing excitedly in front of the ethnic food aisle at Food Lion, and making things that come in any way from a box, a mix, a frozen whatever. Sometimes life necessitates those things, and I will on occasion use them, but I much prefer standing in a kitchen, whipping something up from scratch, and then patting myself on the back and allowing myself a beer and an episode of Dr. Phil as a reward.
  3. I love sharing my recipes. Most of them aren't mine, because I'm no genius when it comes to whipping something up from random ingredients when I don't have a recipe. Sure, I'll deviate a little, but those people that can just eyeball items and make something amazing...I'm both irritated and amazed. Therefore, I need a recipe. And so does every other person like me. 
  4. My favorite part of cooking is cooking for other people. A lot of my friends don't live where I do, and aside from canning something or shipping something for $39.99 overnight, cross-country, when it only cost me $5 to make, I can't cook for all my friends and family. Thus, the necessity of a blog. Sorry, you're going to have to make it yourself. But you will love me for the recipe. 
  5. Now that I've moved, I have a good kitchen to cook in. Before in Northern Virginia, I had a tiny, pre WWII-era kitchen with a gas stove (mercifully), no dishwasher, and a whole lot of gross crawling things that made me avoid the kitchen all together until I could move. I'm sure the other bugs don't think they are gross, and for the record, I'm a very clean person...but I cannot cook in a kitchen with THINGS. Sorry. 

So, that's it. The 5 reasons I wanted to start a food blog. 

Hope you're excited. I am. So is Hobbes, who is a cat, but you can't tell right now because he is snoring in his bed. 

Super stoked.



Lets get started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment